Small Business IT Support Budget Tips

Managed IT Booking
Managed IT Booking Solutions
August 29, 2017
Remote IT Support, ProStratus - Remote-Locations
Remote IT – Remote Locations
February 1, 2018

Small Business IT Support Budget Tips

Small Business IT Support

If you are contemplating a startup and researching business plan templates, I need to warn you – most plans leave out a key-essential-priority-must-have-important section – technology.  Most young companies try to limit their expenditures in that area, and that is a shame, since technology is an easy tool for start-ups to differentiate themselves from competitors. In this article, our Small Business IT Support will provide great insight relating to your budget.

Having a solid technology plan will not only quickly save you money across other areas, it will also put you on the path to success, give you an immediate edge, and leave your competition behind – out of the gate. Simply put – [Tweet “Technology is a critical component to a successful start-up”].

Small Business IT Support Cost Overview

Everyone plans on starting with laptops and computers, right?  Since only 20% of the cost of computers are from the initial purchase, it is critical to get a business class system.  The other 80% are indirect costs.  Expect to pay $700 to $1,500 per unit.  Don’t be tempted by the $200 to $400 home systems.  Sure, they are cheaper up front but you’ll spend more time trying to keep them operating.  Nothing is more frustrating to new start-up employees than malfunctioning computers. This emphasizes the importance of Small Business IT Support.

Normal Small Business IT Support Related Costs

ProStratus Small Business IT SupportStart-up                                                                                               
Laptops/Tablets/Computers                      $700 to $1500      per person

Network Printer/Scanner                            $500                       per office

Wireless Office                                               $500                       per office

Network hardware                                        $1000                     per office

Office digital phone system                         $400                       per person



Internet (Business)                                       $300                       per month

Office digital phone service                         $60                         per month

Applications/backup/support                    $400                       per person per year

Server or cloud (if needed)                          $250                       per month

Support services                                            $40                         per person per employee

Industry Based Small Business IT Support

So, how much do businesses spend on technology after initial start-up purchase?  Here is the break-down by industry and size as a % of revenue:

By Size

  • 3.2% Enterprise
  • 4.1 % Medium
  • 6.9 % Small

By Type

  • 3.3%      Average business
  • 4.7%      Education
  • 1.5%      Retail
  • 6.3%      Financial
  • 1.7%      Manufacturing
  • 4.2%      Health care                                                                                               Source: CIO Magazine


Of course, this is just the basic stuff to get you started.  Many new businesses are making technology part of their core business to distinguish themselves from competitors.  This Digital Transformation allows small businesses to move quickly and take advantage of new digital products, services, marketing, fulfillment, and an enhanced customer experience.

More about us: www.pro-stratus.com

Contact us today to learn more about our Small Business IT Support, and see if our Complete IT Support Plan may be the best option for your business. See our small business support plans: www.24x7technology.com